About Little Caesars
Who says pizza doesn't make life more fun? Not Little Caesars. We're the home of HOT-N-READY fun. And the fastest growing pizza chain on the planet (hey, maybe in the universe -- nobody knows what other kind of pizza might be out there). Little Caesars is still family owned and operated, too; after nearly 60 years. We think that's pretty important. Because working here is a lot like being with family. We now invite you to consider joining our family -- a family of people who work hard and play hard. That's Little Caesars. And we may have a place at the table for you.
The Training Manager builds and supervises a team that achieves Little Caesars goals of customer satisfaction, sales and profitability and teaches job related behavior to Manager Trainees so that they can acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to effectively perform as a Co-Manager, according to Little Caesars standard operating procedures.
- Achieves accuracy and service time goals for all customers and ensures Team Members provide neighborly service as defined by Little Caesars principles, promises and goals, Customer Service Standards, Priority Guidelines and the Remedy Process.
- Achieves quality standards on all products served by ensuring all Team Members follow Little Caesars recipes, specifications and procedures as described in the Operational Resource Guide (ORG) and in training materials.
- Achieves the standards for a clean and organized restaurant and colleague image as defined in the Little Caesars Orientation and Training Handbook, and/or as required by local government agencies.
- Recruits, hires, trains and evaluates colleagues by following procedures outlined in the Four Phases of Hiring Handbook and the Managers Class Guide for recruitment, selection, orientation, training and performance evaluation.
- Develops a productive team by providing direction and supervision of colleagues through the appropriate use of communication, delegation, coaching, and discipline and implements change in a positive manner resulting in low turnover among Team Members.
- Ensures a work environment that is in compliance with government regulations and is safe, secure, and free of harassment or discrimination, as defined by Little Caesars policies and procedures regarding security, safety and standards of conduct.
- Accurately completes all paperwork associated with daily, weekly, and period end activities as directed by the Area Supervisor or Market Director.
- Performs labor scheduling, food ordering, and product projections accurately and maintains restaurant equipment so that the restaurant opens and closes as scheduled and is able to service all customer orders each day.
- Manages all financial responsibilities with integrity and performs tasks associated with achieving cost control goals and supervises colleagues to ensure goals are met.
- Actively plans and properly implements local store marketing events and in-store promotions that results in increased sales.
- Teaches Trainees the job functions of the Co-Manager position by using the four step method of training and other appropriate methods that maximize the Trainees learning.
- Accurately assesses Trainee performance and provides timely feedback to the Trainee and regional management so decisions can be made regarding their status.
NATURE & SCOPE
While the Training Manager maintains full responsibility for the operation of the restaurant, the restaurant management team must be trained and developed to run all aspects of the operation according to Little Caesars standards to allow the Training Manager time to train Trainees.
The Training Manager effectively schedules both Crew and Trainee(s) according to Little Caesars labor guidelines. The Training Manager will be expected to practice the training techniques taught in the Training Manager class and be able to model the skills, standards and procedures taught.
The Training Manager receives direction from both the Area Supervisor and the Recruiter/Trainger and is responsible for supervising all Team Members including those under 18 years of age. Because of the active role the Training Manager plays, this position requires physical work such as: lifting, squatting, moving equipment, unloading cases of food items in excess of 50 pounds and working for more than 10 hours on any given day. This position requires a minimum standard schedule of approximately 50 hours per week. The Training Manager must abide by all State and Federal Labor Laws, OSHA regulations and EEOC requirements, as well as enforce and practice all Little Caesars policies and procedures.
Please discuss the job responsibilities with your Area Supervisor and Recruiter/Trainer. A detailed list of each stations responsibilities and duties can be found in the Little Caesars Team member Orientation and Training Handbook, OJU Guides and Operations Manual. Your Area Supervisor will discuss the essential job functions, which are normally defined as fundamental activities conducted on a daily or regular basis that will affect the success and profitability of the restaurant.
To perform the functions listed in this job description, the following tasks will be required:
- The ability to lift and move up to 55 pounds.
- The ability to reach and move items from as high as 6 feet and as low as 6 inches off the ground.
- The ability to control and utilize equipment safely and correctly (sheeter machine, VCM, sauce ladle, cheese cups, cheese cups, pan gripers, spatula, pizza and dough cutter, different types of knives, can openers, pastry brush, scales, microwave, telephone, cash register, etcs.).
- The ability to apply pressure to cut through products and/or clean equipment/utensils.
- The ability to count, separate and weight all types of food products and inventory items.
- The ability to effectively communicate to customers and co-workers (reading, speaking, hearing, writing, etc.).
- The ability to understand directions, instructions and product specifications.
- The ability to process and complete customer orders.
- The ability to comprehend all training materials and practice standard operating procedures.
- The ability to successfully pass required training programs for certification.
- The ability to use mathematical skills to compute sales totals, percentages, inventory usage, food orders, employee work schedules, cash handling results and projected business needs.
- The ability to legally drive an automobile adhering to all state and local traffic laws.
- The ability to supervise a number of people at the same time and to motivate them to meet goals, duties and deadlines.
- Have a minimum of two (2) years experience in a management role, achieving at least an assistant manager / co-manager position in a quick service restaurant, or one (1) year experience in a management position in a full service restaurant.
- Preferred minimum age of 21.
- Certified as a Little Caesars Manager for a minimum of 6 months to 1 year, depending on performance assessments, and has successfully completed Manager class or, is a Franchise Representative with a minimum of 9 months Little Caesars experience.
- Consistently scored at least a 90% on the last two awareness reviews and security compliance evaluations at the restaurant they are managing.
- Has achieved at least an average score of “meeting standards” on their last two performance appraisals. Has also scored a minimum of 90% on the customer service section of their last two appraisals.
- Can read and analyze profit and loss statements, has a working knowledge of local store marketing techniques, sales building and a proven track record of controlling costs.
- Have excellent decision making, planning and problem solving skills.
- Possess strong management, team building and communication skills.
- Has participated in the training and development of Co-Managers and Assistant Managers.
- Has been recommended by their Area Supervisor and completed an interview with the Recruiter/Trainer or Market Director.
- Possess a valid driver’s license from the state of residence with a driving record maintained within company guidelines. Possess a reliable vehicle and auto insurance as a primary driver to complete daily banking and other responsibilities as directed by the Area Supervisor or Market Director.
- Is able to perform all the essential functions of the job and a carried, 50 hour work week, including evenings and weekends.
- The U.S. Department of Justice (INS Division) requires that each Team Member provide documentation that proves their eligibility to work in the United States.
Please Note: Little Caesars reserves the right to change, modify, suspend, interpret, or cancel in whole, or in part, any of the duties outlined above, at any time, and without advance notice to the employee.